As exciting as it is to be making my first ad limina visit next week, the saddest consequence is this visit falls right in the heart of Confirmation season. I wish to apologize for my absence to all those who will be confirmed in the coming days. I know how important this sacrament is to you, and I also miss being present with you. Confirmation is such a great opportunity for me to be out in the diocese and to visit with all our people. The one silver lining for you is that I will be praying for you from Rome, and will take your greetings to our Holy Father.
These are the communities celebrating Confirmation in the coming days:
St. Mary’s Cathedral with St. Paul in Pine Bluffs.
St. Mary Magdalen in Worland with St. Francis, Thermopolis; Sacred Heart in Greybull and St. Joseph in Lovell.
St. Margaret in Riverton with Holy Rosary, Lander; and St. Stephen’s, St. Joseph’s and Blessed Sacrament of the Indian Missions.
Our Lady of the Mountains, Jackson with Holy Family in Afton.
Holy Spirit Community, Rock Springs with St. Christopher, Eden; St. Vivian, Superior; and St. Anthony, Wamsutter.
Immaculate Conception, Green River.
1) Build your lives on the Word of God (Jesus Christ)
2) Keep Sunday Eucharist the priority of your week.
3) Live by the values of Christ, and do not ‘lower the bar’ to the values of the world around you.
4) The Church needs you! This bishop needs you! We need your witness of faith and the gifts of your lives.
5) Live the Faith! Prayerfully ask God: “What do you want me to do with my life for you?”
With prayers and gratitude for your faith, energy and enthusiasm I pray God guide you all the days of your life, and that the Holy Spirit give you the courage to follow where Christ leads!